Decatur, AL, has long been one of the busiest ports on the Tennessee River, with access to the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway and the Ohio and Mississippi River systems. Decatur is also home to over a dozen Fortune 500 companies, making it truly the “City of Opportunity.” A small but growing city, Decatur boasts a strong labor force.
Due to its central location and proximity to multiple interstates and highways, Decatur offers easy access to major cities, including Huntsville, Memphis, Nashville, Birmingham, Chattanooga and Atlanta. Norfolk Southern System’s main east-west line also connects Decatur with major rail terminals throughout the U.S.
Key Benefits of the Decatur Market
- Home to one of the busiest ports on the Tennessee River, with access to the Tennessee-Tombigbee Water and the Ohio and Mississippi River systems
- Proximity to multiple major cities, including Huntsville, Memphis, Nashville, Birmingham, Chattanooga and Atlanta
- Connected to rail terminals throughout the U.S. via Norfolk Southern System’s east-west line
- Proximity to multiple interstates and highways, as well as the Huntsville International Airport
- Easy access to the International Intermodal Center, located in nearby Huntsville
Services We Offer
Dedicated Fleet Services: Our extensive experience recruiting and retaining qualified drivers, and creating safe & compliant fleet operations in Decatur and the Southern US region at large, can be leveraged whether you’re looking to optimize your current fleet operation in the area, or break into as a new market. Say goodbye to transportation network variability and gain consistent capacity, increase on-time delivery, and drive your safety and compliance metrics to new levels. From local delivery to long-haul service, recruitment and training to driver management — whatever your transportation needs, Legacy is here to meet them.