Any business scouting locations along the West Coast for a dedicated distribution center would do well to consider Oxnard, California. Home to the Port of Hueneme — the only deep water harbor between Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay area — Oxnard has long been a major hub for international trade. Oxnard’s location along the Pacific Coast Highway and US 101 also allows for easy access to major cities along the West Coast, including Los Angeles and San Diego to the south and San Jose and San Francisco to the north.
In addition to its strategic location, Oxnard is the most populous city in Ventura County with over 200,000 residents, resulting in a strong labor market. Oxnard also boasts a business-friendly environment: Both the city itself and the state of California offer economic development, workforce development and business assistance programs to support companies looking to start or expand operations.
Key Benefits of the Oxnard Market
- Home to the Port of Hueneme
- Major hub for international shipping and trade
- Located along US 101 and State Route 1
- Population of over 200,000, with access to additional people in nearby cities
- Strong labor market
- Stable economic environment with business assistance programs such as The Economic Development Collaborative, Ventura County Grows Business and The Ventura County Workforce Development Board
- Numerous statewide business incentive programs, including California Competes Tax Credit, Research & Development Tax Credit and California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority
Services We Offer
Dedicated Contract Warehousing Service: Increase safety, drive out waste and excess costs, improve service levels and critical performance metrics by leveraging our dedicated contract distribution expertise. We understand the Oxnard market from a supply chain, real estate, and labor perspective; and can support your next warehouse initiative whether it’s taking over outsourced operational control of an existing facility in your network, or leading a startup greenfield project.