Home to one of the largest seaports in the Southeastern United States and boasting close proximity to multiple major U.S. markets, there can be little wonder as to why Charleston is known as the “economic engine of South Carolina.”
A central hub for freight volumes due to its easy access to multiple major interstates and highways, as well as its robust rail and inland port capacities, Charleston is the ideal location for warehousing and distribution centers.
Key Benefits of the Charleston Market
- One of the largest seaports in the Southeastern U.S., with five shipping terminals
- Port of Charleston ranked 8th in the U.S. in terms of cargo value
- Proximity to multiple key markets, including Memphis, Atlanta, Birmingham, Nashville and Charlotte
- Easy access to Charleston International Airport, as well as multiple major interstates and highways
- Daily express intermodal and merchandise rail services through the CSX and Norfolk Southern systems
- Additional port capacity through the South Carolina Inland Port in Greer, SC
Services We Offer
Dedicated Contract Warehousing service: Increase safety, drive out waste and excess costs, improve service levels and critical performance metrics by leveraging our dedicated contract distribution expertise. We understand the Charleston market from a supply chain, real estate, and labor perspective; and can support your next warehouse initiative whether it’s taking over outsourced operational control of an existing facility in your network, or leading a startup greenfield project.